August 11, 2014Blog, Events, Headlines, News & Updates, Press Release, School Blogs, UncategorizedLeave a reply
Click Here for Accelerated Reader PDF
What is Accelerated Reader also known as “AR”?
- Accelerated Reader is a reading software program that provides effective reading comprehension practice according to each student’s ability level through a short quiz.
- AR has thousands of comprehension quizzes for all types of literature so a child can chose what they enjoy reading.
How does it work?
- Students will choose a book based on their reading level. They also can have one above their level read to them.
- Students will take a quiz on their book at school. Each grade level have a designated procedure of how AR test are able to be accomplished.
- Students who earn a 60% or better on a comprehension quiz will receive incentive credit. At the end of each quarter, students who have met their goal set for them by their teacher get to participate in the AR incentive.
- Students, teachers, and parents can receive printed results that provide feedback on the child’s progress. Please contact your child’s teacher for a summary. We are unable to print a report every time that your child takes a test.
How can you help?
- Parent involvement is essential in ensuring that our Accelerated Reader program is a success.
- Please encourage your child to read their AR book each night and remind them to bring it to school every day.
- We also need volunteers to help run our AR library, read with children, assist with testing, and help plan our incentive celebrations. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our AR coordinator, Debra Barnes. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Did you know?
- You probably have many AR books right in your very own home. Check book titles out on the website below to see if they are AR approved. Most likely you will find them on the list. Have your child read and test on those too. It is helpful for them to bring the title/author of the book written down.
AR Home Page: http://www.renlearn.com Find Books: http://arbookfind.com