Charter Day School is a free, public school open to all children in the State of North Carolina.
No fees or tuition are ever charged for admission.
CDS School Features
- Tuition-free, open enrollment, K-8 public school.
- Scenic, 66-acre campus in Brunswick County, just fifteen minutes from downtown Wilmington.
- Earned national 2016 Wesley Becker Excellent School Award.
- Outperformed surrounding district’s End-of-Grade test average by 16.4 percentage points in the most recently published NCDPI reports.
- Frequently the county’s top scorer on state End-of-Grade tests.
- Diverse student population, including 12% special needs students, 21.4% non-white students, and 37.6% low economically disadvantaged students.
- Uses research-based, proven Direct Instruction teaching method.
- Proven, rigorous Classical curriculum.
- Offers Latin, Cursive, Composition, Public Speaking, Debate, and Drama components.
- Intensive new-hire training.
- Continuous in-service monitoring to evaluate and optimize instruction.
- Accelerated learning program reviews individual student performance data to promote qualifying students to advanced studies on a subject -by-subject basis.
- Prioritizes the use of positive reinforcement in teaching and classroom management.
- Student uniforms and professional teacher dress requirements.
- On-site educational before and after school care program.
- Outstanding extracurricular activities:
- Current, 9-time National Champion Cheer squad
- Current, 7-time State Champion Archery team
- Football, Basketball, Softball
- Year-round schedule provides quarterly, three-week breaks for students.
- Regular parent surveys conducted.
- Annual, third-party financial audits conducted.