January 4, 2016Blog, Events, Headlines, News & Updates, Press Release, UncategorizedLeave a reply
2016-2017 Early Open Enrollment runs January 1-31, 2016!
Our school is tuition-free, public, and open to all students regardless of income or ability. Our school is a public charter school providing classical education. We currently and consistently provide the highest-scoring elementary and middle schools in Brunswick County. During the enrollment period, enrollment forms will be available for submission online. You may also apply in person at our Main School Office: 7055 Bacon’s Way, Leland, NC 28451
Enroll online HERE!
- Tuition-free, open enrollment public school.
- Scenic, 66-acre campus in Brunswick County, just fifteen minutes from downtown Wilmington.
- Outperformed district schools by 31.6% in End-of-Grade test scores in the most recently published NCDPI reports.
- Currently and consistently the county’s top scorer in state EOG tests.
- Diverse student population, including 12% special needs students, 21.4% non-white students, and 37.6% low economically disadvantaged students.
- Uses research-based, proven Direct Instruction teaching method.
- Proven, rigorous Classical curriculum.
- Offers Latin, Cursive, Composition, Public Speaking, Debate, and Drama components.
- Intensive new-hire training.
- Continuous in-service monitoring to evaluate and optimize instruction.
- Accelerated learning program reviews individual student performance data to promote qualifying students to advanced studies on a subject -by-subject basis.
- Prioritizes the use positive reinforcement in teaching and classroom management.
- Student uniforms and professional teacher dress requirements.
- On-site educational before and after school care program.
- Outstanding extracurricular activities:
- Current, 7-time National Champion Cheer squad
- Current, 6-time State Champion Archery team
- Football, Basketball, Softball
- Year-round schedule provides quarterly, three-week breaks for students.
- Regular parent surveys conducted.
- Annual, third-party financial audits conducted.
baker mitchell, best schools, brunswick county, cds, charter day, charter schools, classical curriculum, columbus charter, columbus county, direct instruction, Douglass Academy, eog, inc., leland, nc public education, ncdpi, new hanover county, public education, Roger Bacon, school choice, south brunswick charter, The Roger Bacon Academy, whiteville, Wilmington