Thank you for your interest in Charter Day School.
We offer our classical instructional delivery for either on-campus or on-line attendance.
Our on-campus instructional delivery complies with all safety regulations and conditions for Plan B including:
- temperature and wellness checks in cars before drop-off,
- hand sanitation at building entrances
- 6 foot social distancing in classrooms and offices
- masks required in all transitions or where 6 foot distances may not be continuously maintained
- when properly distanced, students are allowed mask breaks until the next transition
- periodic sanitary wipe-downs of frequently touched surfaces
Our on-line instruction is delivered concurrently with the on-campus instruction and follows the same curriculum for grades 3-8. For K-2, on-line classes are separate from on-campus classes. For on-line attendance, all students are expected to:
- login on time – daily tardies, attendance, and early check-outs noted
- wear uniforms and comply with dress codes during classes,
- participate in class discussions,
- complete all work both during in-class sessions and after-class homework
- enrolling for on-line attendance is a minimum one-year commitment
- If building occupancy limits are lifted, on-line students enrolling after July 15, 2020 cannot be guaranteed a seat on-campus and must continue on-line.
- return all school-provided equipment in good condition at year end.
“My wife and I have always valued the level of education our daughter receives at Charter Day School. We chose this school because they adhere to a classical curriculum. But what she learns goes beyond the everyday math, reading, and science. She is also learning core values such as honesty, integrity, and respect which to us is just as important.” – Joshua Goodson, Charter Day School Parent
Charter Day School is a tuition-free school open to all children in the State of North Carolina.
No fees or tuition are ever charged for admission.
CDS School Features
- Tuition-free, open enrollment, K-8 school.
- Earned national 2016 Wesley Becker Excellent School Award.
- Outperformed surrounding district’s End-of-Grade test average by 15.4 percentage points in the most recently published NCDPI reports.
- Scenic, 66-acre campus in Brunswick County, just fifteen minutes from downtown Wilmington.
- Outstanding extracurricular activities:
- Current, 9-time National Champion Cheer squad
- Current, 8-time State Champion Archery team
- Football, History Bowl, FASTAR, Show Choir